B. WHAT OUT POLICY COVERS
C. INFORMATION COLLECTION - PASSIVE
This Site uses various technologies to passively collect information from you while you are visiting (that is, you do not actively provide this information). Such technologies allow the Site to collect a range of information, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a unique identifier automatically assigned to your computer when logging onto the Internet), the type of Web browser and operating system you use, the date and time you visit the Site, the specific pages you visit on the Site, session identifiers assigned to your visit and the address of the website you visited before coming to this Site – all of which are non-personally identifiable information. We typically use such passively collected information for a variety of purposes, such as to administer the Site, customize the Site to your preferences, and compile aggregated statistics for our marketing and research purposes. We do not sell or share this information with any third parties.
Two types of passive information collection technologies deserve special mention:
- Web Beacons "Web beacons" (also known as single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs) are Internet tags that are smaller than cookies and may tell the website server non-personally identifiable information such as the IP address and browser type related to the user's computer. This Site may use "Web beacons."
- Cookies "Cookies" are small text files that store information about your interactions with a particular website, either temporarily (known as a "temporary" or "session" cookie and deleted once you close your browser window) or more permanently on the hard drive of your computer (known as a "permanent" or "persistent cookie"). Cookies can make it easier to use a website by allowing servers to access certain information quickly. Session cookies can be used to help a user's browser navigate a website more smoothly. Persistent cookies can be used to customize a website for a user, such as by storing passwords, preferences, and registration and account information so that users do not have to reenter them each time they visit a website.
This Site uses both session/temporary cookies and persistent/permanent cookies to store information that allows us to serve you better. To make the Site easier to use, we combine information collected via cookies with personally identifiable information. Please understand that if you set up your browser to disallow cookies, you might not be able to access important functions or areas of the Site.
D. INFORMATION COLLECTION - ACTIVE
Active information collection points at this Site may include:
- Information Request This Site may include a form that you can use to request information about us, our affiliates, or our or our affiliates' products and services, or to request catalogs or brochures. In addition to asking you to identify the specific information or materials you want, these forms may ask for, among other things, your name, address, and email address, so that we may send you the information or materials you request. These forms might also request some personal information about you to help us better serve your interests and needs.
- Email Reply Systems This Site may provide you with one or more email reply systems through which you may submit questions or comments. Information you provide via such email reply systems is typically all optional. We may use the information you provide in your email to respond to your inquiry, and we reserve the right to retain whatever information you submit in your email, including your name, email address, and any comments or other information that you send via the email reply system.
- Restricted Access Forms Because access to portions of this Site may be restricted to authorized users, or allow personalized views of the site, you may be required to complete a registration form. This form may ask you for a variety of information that will help us to identify you and contact you, such as your name, business address, office email address, office phone number, credentials, business documents and your relationship to us. Where you could be using the Site to place orders, we will also ask you for billing and shipping information. Registration information will be associated with your username and password, without which you will not be able to access the restricted portions of the Site. By submitting an account request for our trade portal, you will be also granting consent for enrollment into our Newsletter, containing our latest and exclusive product offerings. The collected data will be solely used for sending Brown Jordan communications by email or mail. If you wish to opt out of further communications from us, or if you wish to review, delete and/or revise the Personal Information we have on file, please reach out to us by using our communication preferences page.
- Survey Forms This Site may display a form for you to use in providing comments, questions, surveys, evaluations and other responses about us, our affiliates, this Site, our or our affiliates' products and services, and other topics. We use such feedback information to improve this Site, and our or our affiliates' products and services as well as for marketing and research purposes. Much information you provide in such forms is optional, but you will need to provide at least some personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, email address, and phone number, so that we can respond to your inquiry.
- Email Delivery The Site may ask you to provide your email address so that you can receive email newsletters, alerts, or reminders about us, our affiliates, our Site, our or our affiliates' products and services, and other topics of interest. If you no longer wish to receive such emails, please follow the "unsubscribe" instructions included in such emails or contact us as described below.
- Online Buying This Site may allow you to purchase our products and services online. As a result, the Site gathers certain personally identifiable information (e.g., your name and address) and payment information (e.g., your credit card number) to process your order. Specifically, we may: (i) use and disclose the information you provide as necessary to process and ship your order (e.g., by disclosing your name and address to fulfillment houses and delivery services such as UPS or Federal Express, (ii) use the personally identifiable information you provide to notify you about the status of your order, (iii) retain this information to create an account for later use (so that you do not need to re-enter the information for each subsequent order); (iv) group your information, stripped of its personally identifiable information, with that of other Site users to provide information to us about group purchasing and preferences; and (v) share this information (other than payment information) with our affiliates, business partners, and dealers.
- Download Forms This Site may include a form that you must complete before receiving a software download from the Site. This form may request, among other things, your name, address, and email address. The form may also requests certain information about the computer systems you are using. We use this information to keep track of software downloads and to learn more about what computer systems and configurations visitors to the Site use. We also may use this information to notify you of any problems with the software that may hinder visitor experience with the Site.
- Credit Applications The Site may post an online credit application for businesses interested in buying or leasing our products. Among other things, this application asks for your business's name, address, and phone number, the nature of the business, certain insurance information, background and credit information about the officers and owners of your business. We use the information you provide to evaluate, and contact you regarding, your credit application. Brown Jordan does not share this information with any third party without your express permission except as necessary to review your credit application or to perform related tasks.
- Other Features This Site may offer tests, quizzes, search functions, calculators, or conversion tools that help you learn more about various topics. We use the information you input while using these functions to provide you with immediate feedback.
E. WHO SHOULD USE THIS SITE
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not intend to retrieve and collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
F. OTHER DISCLOSURES AND USES OF THIS INFORMATION
Unless otherwise provided above, we may also use personally and non-personally identifiable information you submit via this Site in the following ways:
To tell you about new products and services or other information we think may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such notifications or updates, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, write us at Brown Jordan Website 475 West Town Place, Suite 200, St. Augustine, FL 32092 and let us know which notifications or updates you do not wish to receive; to conduct marketing research; and to improve the Site’s features and usability.
From time to time, our service providers may have access to information you submit via the Site to provide operational or other support services for the Site (e.g., Web hosting or database services). We have put in place agreements with such service providers requiring them to protect the confidentiality of Site information, account information and personal communications to the fullest extent possible and consistent with the law. To protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of information that is collected from customers, our service providers have appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place.
G. INFORMATION MAINTENANCE
We take reasonable measures to ensure that personally identifiable information that we collect from you via this Site is accurate, current, complete, and reliable for its intended uses. If you wish to update or otherwise correct personally identifiable information you have provided to us, please resubmit the applicable form on the Site with the updated information or contact us as by sending email to email@example.com.
We will make reasonable attempts to respond to your inquiry, but we may require authenticating contact information to allow us to verify that you are the person that is allowed to obtain the data being sought. We may, at our discretion, disallow you access to specific data if, in our view, to provide such access would jeopardize another person's privacy; would violate any applicable federal, state, or foreign law, regulation, or directive; or would require unreasonable services or unreasonably affect performance at this Site.
H. PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
Although we take steps to protect personally identifiable information you provide via this Site from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration, this and any website is dependent upon mechanical and technological processes that are not 100% secure or error-free. Therefore, while we make conscientious and reasonable efforts to prevent compromise of our policy, we do not, and cannot, guarantee the security or accuracy of the information we collect via this Site, and you acknowledge that you are assuming the risk in transmitting any information to us.
It is your responsibility to safeguard any usernames and passwords you use to access portions of this Site and to notify us if you suspect that these usernames or passwords have been obtained or used by unauthorized parties. You specify that you and you alone are responsible for any unauthorized use of this Site conducted using your username or password.
CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA Rights"). This section describes those rights and how you can exercise them with Brown Jordan Inc.
CCPA RIGHTS REQUESTS
Right to Know and Right to Deletion
You can request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold in the preceding 12 months.
You can also request that we delete your personal information. We may not delete all of your personal information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our services).
- Please note that if we delete your personal information, many of our services will not work the same. Some examples include, but are not limited to:
• Returns: We will not have the ability to look up your receipt or order in our system. In order to process a return or refund, we will require proof of purchase from the customer and if the customer is unable to provide proof of purchase, the transaction will be treated as an unreceipted return in accordance with our return policy.
• Customer Service: Our ability to handle customer service requests may be limited. We will not have the ability to look up prior orders or account information and may request proof of purchase in order to service your needs.
• Online Account & Shopping: Your online account will no longer exist. Your shopping cart items, order history, saved addresses, saved recipes and any other saved preferences in your online account will no longer be available.
• Recalls: We will no longer be able to contact you via email, regular mail, or phone about product recalls related to products you purchased, unless you provided your information to us by returning a product registration card attached to a durable infant product.
• Marketing Communications: We will no longer be able to provide you with any marketing communications directly from our family of brands, including personalized marketing communication such as information about new products, services and offers tailored to your interests.
To submit a request to know or a request to delete, please visit the Brown Jordan Inc. portal. In order to verify your identity, you will need to provide at least three of the following pieces of your information:
name, telephone number, e-mail address, mailing address, and last transaction amount. We will match this information to the information on our systems. For an online request to delete, we will also send you a second verification to confirm that you want your information to be deleted. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf. If you wish to make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your information. We will maintain a record of your request to know or request to delete.
DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
Brown Jordan does not sell or share personal information with any third parties.
I. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY